SASHMENT WINDOWS - Fire Escape Windows for Timber Sash Solutions
- the best fire escape windows option available for timber sash windows, as the entire window can open inwards, unlike any other sash window system.
- to maintain a traditional appearance from the outside, this window has the same dimensions and appearance of a traditional box sash and is fitted the same way into a buildings reveal. However, inside the box style frame is a spring sash window, hung like a casement on special hinges to allow it to open like a casement inwards in an emergency. For day to day use it can be opened like a normal sash window, sliding up and down.
- another advantage of this type of window is the ease of maintenance – since it can open in, the glass panes outside can be easily cleaned.
- note: the opening in feature is only designed for occasional or emergency use
- unevenly split variants are available.
- u-value = 1.3 W/m2K (Measured on Redwood items)