Timber Casement Windows
Although casement windows were very common in the UK before the introduction of sash windows, they are still an excellent choice as they offer full top to bottom ventilation, but also can open outward to the right or left which allows fresh air inside. Because of their functionality and design and because they can open/close easily, casement windows are an excellent choice for places where your windows require a reach. One of the advantages of wooden casement windows is that they generally have lower air leakage rate than other types of windows.
With our decades of experience we have perfected all types of Timber Casement Window systems for all property types and styles in the UK.
Different systems focus on different attributes such as security, weather resistance or Traditional appearances but they are all manufactured with quality materials, in a strict and controlled environment and fitted only with prestigious accessories in your choice of style and color.
Features included in every Casement Window:
- Externally glazed with 17mm deep ovolo bead inside and a putty shape outside for a traditional appearance.
- BSI tested and certified 24mm Double glazed units, filled with argon gas, the most energy efficient possible with a u-value of 1.1.
- CE Marked EN 14351-1 2006+A1:2010
- Most accessories are either German or UK manufactured for world class quality, reliability and durability.
- Fully factory tested through our strict Quality Control procedures
- Your choice in colour and style of metal finished accessories
- Weatherproofing gaskets for best insulation and weather protection
- Engineered centres only, not visible faces, in solid timber (hardwood or softwood) to ensure no warping and no joining marks are visible to maintain the beauty of the timbers grain
- Factory spray paint finish
- Excellent High Security Options available
- External glazing is usually standard but we can usually do Internal glazing if you prefer, please ask
- Arched or swept heads or arched frames
- Astragal Georgian bars at 22mm (made to look like separate glass units)
- Trickle Vents in any colour to suit regulations/ventilation needs
- Custom architraves or wall fillers
As we are constantly improving and upgrading as new products become available, please ask for details upon order.
All systems are customisable to suit your needs or style, be it to your taste or to match or copy an existing style. Please just send us a picture and we will estimate it for you.